How do I reboot my Comcast Wi-Fi router?
Many issues related to Wi-Fi connectivity can simply be solved by rebooting your Comcast routers. Rebooting only takes 10 minutes and you will also not lose your home network settings.
Many times we get the query related to how do I reboot my Comcast Wi-Fi router? So in the following blog, we will help you in rebooting your Comcast Wi-Fi router step by step.
There is some troubleshooting given below to resolve this issue of rebooting the Comcast Wi-Fi router. This troubleshooting can be applied to both single-device (Business Wireless Gateway) and multiple devices (modem and access point). Also, Comcast Business internet users can log into any XFINITY Wi-Fi hotspot with their "My Account" email and password.
Following are the basic troubleshooting:
1. Check that whether your devices are receiving power or not.
For a single device Wi-Fi hotspot (BWG); Check that the power cable is connected between the outlet and the device and also verify that the device is receiving power by the power light in front of the device.
For multiple device Wi-Fi hotspot (modem and access point); Verify that the power cable is connected between the outlet and for both the devices. Ensure that both devices are receiving power by checking the light in front of the device.
2. Verify that all the physical connections are attached properly.
For a Business Wireless Gateway (single device); check that the coax cable is attached securely into the back of the BWG device.
For multiple device Wi-Fi hotspot (modem and access point); check that both the coax cable is attached to the back of the modem and also an Ethernet cable is attached between the modem and access point.
Below are the steps mentioned to reboot your Comcast business device
1. For Business wireless Gateway
- You need to power off the BWG by plugging out it from the power outlet.
- Now, plug in the BWG and wait for two minutes till it is completely restarted.
- On your Wi-Fi enabled device, check for xfinitywifi network name.
- Now, connect to the xfinitywifi network and Open any web portal.
- If you are directed to the browser, then you are connected to the internet and the service is running fine.
2. For modem and access point
- You need to power off the modem by unplugging it.
- Also, power off the access point.
- Then wait for two minutes and power on the modem until it is completely restarted.
- To power on the access point wait for two minutes until the restart is complete.
- Now, check for the xfinitywifi network name on Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Now, connect to the network and open a web portal. Your service is running fine if you are connected to the internet.
Hence, the rebooting process is complete. In case you are unable to connect to the xfinitywifi network name you need to reset your Comcast business device.
We hope that from the above blog you can fix the issue regarding how to reboot my Comcast Wi-Fi router? If you find any issue you can call us on our toll-free number.